Saturday, September 20, 2008

Why am I doing this?


In middle school, when the rest of my class was paying attention in computer class and learning how to properly type on a computer keyboard, I was amusing myself by seeing how well I could do using my "method," which was, and still is- typing with three to four fingers.  I look and feel like an idiot when I do it but somehow made it through the rest of middle school, high school and a prestigious college with only three to four fingers.  Am I proud of this?  No, I don't think I am, but it also doesn't really bother me.  As good as I am with these three to four fingers, there is no doubt that the average middle schooler can type faster than I can, meaning that for me, pointless typing of any kind is an even bigger waste of time.  Wasting time may, in fact be one oft he primary reasons for the recent and mysterious creation of said blog.
Am I doing this because I believe that my opinions and thoughts deserve to be known and read by the world? Sure hope not.  As I write this, I am seriously doubting whether I will be able to continue this more than a few weeks.  I have a history of abandoning projects too early (digging to China, etc.)
I really have no idea why I am doing this, and in truth I do not think that I will go out of my way to inform anyone that I know or care for about this thing.  This might be because of laziness, and it might be because of embarassment.  Let's assume it is a little of both.